Meet Gerard from the Moeras faction, and his all bug-type team!
Gerard L. Bastien (The "L." stands for Lamedh)Gender:
Slightly arrogant and irritable. Loves to keep things in an orderly manner. Is a bit old-fashioned, and loves to keep things by the rules. Very thoughtful and loyal when you get to know him. The whole arrogant thing's just a facade--- he's really okay to hang out with. He's very chatty as a matter of fact, but gets fidgety around women, because he doesn't know how to talk to them.
Hopefully, he'll change for the better once he starts making friends.
A not so Brief History:
Gerard grew up in the bustling city of Olan with his strict parents. He lived a caged life and only spent time inside the house when he was a kid. He was home-schooled. He was taught by his father about the world, and about pokemon using the countless books in their house. Things were fine when he was a kid, but he started to grow bored of it when he became a teenager. He wanted to see the world, and catch himself his own pokemon.
Driven by his love for pokemon, he started to try sneaking out one day. Sadly, he got lost and ended up in the marshes of Moeras. He also got stuck in gunky parts of the swamp. Shouting for help, none came to his aid until this Ledyba who was passing by heard the shouting. The wild Ledyba came near him and started helping him out. The Ledyba was able to pull the scared teen, and luckily helped him out of the swamp. He was found by the local police, and was found by his parents as well. Gerard was heavily grounded, but still, he sneaked out at every given opportunity.
One day, while reading books out in their garden, a creature flew over their house and landed on him. It was the same Ledyba who saved him from the swamp. Ever since then, him and Ledyba became really good friends. Ledyba would visit him everyday, and Gerard would let him in the house secretly. Time passed, and Gerard got himself a pokeball and solidified the "proof" of his friendship with Ledyba.
By the time he was 16, his parents finally lifted the punishment, and decided to let Gerard do what he wants from then on. Seeing this as his "big break" he ventured out forth with Ledyba and started his pokemon training career right away.Misc:
* Gets easily tired. He doesn't do much exercise, other than lifting a book and turning the pages
* Yes. His parents never knew about how he got Ledyba. Man, was Gerard good at hiding Ledyba. He just lied to them, saying that he caught him the moment he got his freedom, which wasn't true since he got Ledyba months before his freedom.
* Being cooped up all his life, he doesn't converse well with other people. He tries, though. He doesn't mean it if he says something wrong.
* A scaredy-cat. Is afraid of paranormal stuff and ghost-type pokemons.
* Loves Bug-type pokemon, mostly the ones with patterned wings. He's fascinated by them.
* Loves to take strolls, because he's very fed up being inside their house. Usually seen walking on the busy streets of Olan with either 1 of the 3 pokemons he has outside it's pokeball.
* Hates getting dirty. He loves to be clean all the time.
* Strongly DISLIKES any swamp-like places. He's had enough.
* Gerard is more into pokemon contests than battling. A new-found hobby he found some time after when he was 18. He loves showing off his pokemon. Don't underestimate his battling skills though, because he'll give it his all in battles too even though he's not that good at it yet.
* Joined the pokemon tournament in wanting to prove that he can be good at battles and contests at the same time. What also drives him is that he wants to prove to his parents that they he can do well in what he loves to do, and wants to make them proud.
Alert to soundsAbility:
Early Bird : SLEEP conditions lasts for half as long, rounding down.Moveset:
Mach Punch, Swift, Bug Buzz, and PsybeamMisc:
* Ledian, formerly a Ledyba, was Gerard's first pokemon. He evolved
* Very friendly. Also very "huggy" too.
* Will never leave Gerard's side once set out from his pokeball. Likes to fly by beside his master.
* Gerard's powerhouse in the team. Quick and strong, he usually uses Ledian as his last resort.Name:
Often lost in thoughtAbility:
Intimidate: Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage.Moveset:
Silver Wind, Scald, Ice Beam, and Mud ShotMisc:
* Was caught as a Surskit, and found on a nearby pond.
* A good pokemon overall, but has trouble listening to Gerard since it always seems to be preoccupied with something else.
* Gerard usually uses Masquerain the most when he wants to wow the crowd in pokemon contests.
* Loves to be on water, and play around in it. Probably a trait she did not lose when she was a Surskit. Gerard oftenly uses his watering can on her, and sprinkles water on the pokemon, which really makes the pokemon happy.Name:
Flame Body: The opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with BURN when using an attack, that requires physical contact, against this Pokémon. Moveset:
Fiery Dance, Hurricane, Bug Buss, and Wild ChargeMisc:
*Gerard's dad's pokemon. It was his dad's gift to him when he heard of Gerard wanting to join the upcoming pokemon tournament.
* Much like Masquerain, Volcarona doesn't listen very well to Gerard. He sometimes do, but most of the time he would attack on his own will.
* Even though Volcarona's stubborn, he still acknowledges Gerard as his trainer, and is very protective of him too, seeing as Gerard's his former master's son.
* When Volcarona was still his father's Larvesta, he would usually watch them both train together outside from the windows. This made Gerard want a pokemon someday, and preferably a bug type too.
Gerard's formal outfit : [link]
Check out this sweet gift art my little brother made for me : [link]